Australian Sports Health Group Terms and Conditions
Our Commitment to You
Our commitment to you is based on more than just excellent clinical care and customer service, which should be expected. Gold Coast Sports Physio values your Human Rights. Our clients receive respectful care and are not discriminated against based on age, gender, ethnicity, beliefs, sexual preference or health status.
You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, obtain a second opinion and refuse a treatment. Please see our administration staff if you would like to provide feedback or make a complaint.
Your Commitment to Us
To achieve outstanding treatment results, we require an equal commitment from you. Take the time to read all our Terms and Conditions as clarity, communication and understanding will ensure that we’re always on the same page and achieving the best outcome possible.
All our professional recommendations are based on the information provided by you, an objective and expert physiotherapy examination and the specific goals determined by you and your physiotherapist. It is important to understand our Terms and Conditions and for you to acknowledge that ultimately, it is your responsibility to follow our advice and avoid situations that may aggravate your condition. We acknowledge an infinite number of variables can impact on the outcomes of any treatment program.
We are confident that if you follow our recommendations, and any further opinions subsequent to reviews that may occur periodically throughout the term of your treatment, then we can help you to achieve outstanding results.
1. The Gold Coast Sports Physio Guarantee
Our guarantee is simple:
If you’re not 100% thrilled with your experience, we’ll refund your money and deliver your next session free.
To receive the Gold Coast Sports Physio Guarantee the following applies:
1.1 A claim must be lodged before your next service/consultation or up to a maximum of seven days after the service has been delivered.
1.2 Any refund must be made in the same manner with which you paid for the service and only at the practice at which the service was originally provided.
1.3 Free services offered under the guarantee cannot be redeemed for cash or products and are not transferable or saleable.
1.4 Free services can only be redeemed at the practice at which the guarantee was provided.
1.5 This free service must be of the same value as the original service provided to you and must be provided within seven days of the original service, unless otherwise negotiated and agreed between all parties.
2.1 It is expected that if you cannot keep an appointment with us, that notice is given as soon as possible by calling the practice and leaving a message if after hours.
2.2 If less than six (6) hours’ notice is given, the full consultation fee will apply. However, provision of another appointment within 48 hours, but at a time of our convenience, will be made in an attempt to provide continuation of treatment.
2.3 In the event a late cancellation is received, and the client does not accept our offer of an alternative appointment, payment in full is expected within forty-eight (48) hours, otherwise an administration fee may apply.
2.4 This relates to all clients irrespective of their method of funding (i.e. Workers’ Compensation, Transport Accidents, etc). In the case of compensable clients who have been permitted to bulk bill their consultation fees, cancellations must be paid separately by themselves, and cannot be bulk billed.
3. Late and Missed Appointments
3.1 If you arrive late to an appointment, but within your appointed time slot, you may receive a shorter consultation in an effort not inconvenience other clients waiting.
3.2 If you either arrive after or entirely miss an appointment, you will be charged the consultation fee in full.
3.3 If you call the practice to arrange an alternative time to occur within forty-eight (48) hours of your missed appointment, you will be eligible for an appointment at no charge, but at a time of our convenience.
3.4 Irrespective of an alternative appointment being offered, if payment is not received in full within forty-eight (48) hours, an administration fee will apply Late or missed appointments exclude others from receiving treatment and inconvenience both the physiotherapists and other clients waiting.
4. Consent to Treatment
You hereby request and give consent to our therapists to perform all necessary examinations, manipulations, therapy, rehabilitation and medical diagnostic procedures in accordance with their professional training and understanding of your injury. You understand that during your treatment, care may be rendered by different therapists at the Australian Sports Health Group.
You understand that you have an opportunity to discuss with your therapist, the nature and purpose of your physiotherapy care before any treatment is rendered.
You acknowledge and accept the following:
4.1 The physical nature of physiotherapy and related treatments.
4.2 You have the right to see the physiotherapist of your choice, refuse intervention or seek a further opinion and to provide feedback and make a complaint.
4.3 The adverse risks associated with treatment, including stiffness and soreness, soft tissue injury, neurological complications, cerebrovascular injuries, skin irritations, burns and other minor complications.
4.4 The probability of risk is lowered by screening procedures.
4.5 Other treatment options exist if the risk of physiotherapy is considered to be high, including medication, medical care, hospitalisation and surgery.
4.6 The risk of remaining untreated includes the formation of adhesions, scar tissue and other degenerative changes. These changes can further reduce skeletal mobility, and induce chronic pain cycles. It is quite probable that delay of treatment will complicate the condition and make future rehabilitation more difficult.
4.7 Most clients receive our services without the need of a medical or other referral. However, in the event a referral from another practitioner has been given, it is highly recommended that such a referral is provided to the treating physiotherapist to assist in the continuity of care and our delivery of the most appropriate treatment for the client.
5. Consent to Obtain and Release Information
5.1 To expedite the management of your injury or injury claim, you accept it may be necessary to communicate the details of your medical condition with treating practitioners, rehabilitation consultants, case managers and employers.
5.2 By signing these Terms and Conditions you give permission for representatives of the Australian Sports Health Group to exchange such information regarding injuries sustained and any significant past medical history, with those people deemed necessary by the Australian Sports Health Group.
6. Accounts and Billing
6.1 Please refer to our most recent schedule of fees for an outline of the services we offer and their associated prices.
6.2 It is expected that all fees are paid in full at the time of consultation.
6.3 We accept cash, EFTPOS and credit cards for your convenience. However, in the event of electronic network failure, full payment is still required on the day of consultation.
6.4 An administration fee will apply for every occasion a consultation fee is not paid on the day.
6.5 In the event of approval for a monthly account, at the end of each month, an itemised statement will be issued, with payment terms strictly 7 days net. Failure to render full payment within these terms will incur penalty fees as clearly stated on each account.
6.6 Payment of accounts can be done via the telephone or in person at the practice from which you received the service.
6.7 Health Insurance rebates (electronic or otherwise) can only be claimed after the service has been received. In the instance of purchasing treatment packages, rebates will only be available once the treatment package has been completed.
6.8 There is no refund available on the purchase of any personal or healthcare items if you change your mind. If the item has a major problem we can either refund or exchange the item for you. If the problem is not major, we will repair it for you within a reasonable timeframe. Please keep your proof of purchase.
6.9 Those who feel they cannot comply with our very strict billing methods, or wish to be given special consideration, please feel welcome to put your request in writing and address it to the Practice Director.
6.10 Please understand that our strict billing methods allow equality of service to all clients, and serve to raise the already high standard of care we can offer you.
6.11 Our intention is not to exclude anyone from being able to access our physiotherapy services. We have never denied anyone the benefits of physiotherapy care because of their inability to pay our published fees. If financial hardship requires individual consideration, please put your request in writing to the Practice Director.
7.1 This practice is committed to protecting your privacy and this information is generally only disclosed to other members of your medical team where necessary.
7.2 The personal and health information you provide during your consultation and subsequent treatment will be collected for the primary purpose of providing high quality health care.
7.3 Where required by law or if necessary for debt collection reasons, your personal information will be disclosed.
7.4 The Australian Sports Health Group uses SMS and/or email communication to keep you up to date with the status of your appointment.
7.5 From time to time we may send you information regarding happenings at your local practice via a number of possible ways including: post, email, telephone call or SMS. Reasons we may contact you include:
• To administer accounts and process payments.
• To communicate with you regarding any issues affecting your treatment.
• Provide information on services and benefits available to Clients.
• To notify Clients of promotions and events.
• For research purposes, case conferences, in study groups and at seminars (please note in these instances, all personal information will be de-identified).
• Appointment Reminders.
• Appointment Follow Ups.
• Marketing and promotional material about new products, services or special offers.
• Periodic Newsletters.
• Practice Updates.
• To provide you with information about the current and future benefits of being a Gold Coast Sports Physio client.
• Market research or surveys to improve our products and services.
7.6 Should you wish not to receive such communications or our convenient SMS appointment reminders please advise the administration staff at your Gold Coast Sports Physio practice or alternatively follow the ‘unsubscribe’ instructions provided in the communication.
7.7 You may gain access to information held about you by this Practice by putting your request in writing. Please attention all such correspondence to the “Practice Director”. Please note a fee may apply.
8. Exclusion of Liability
8.1 The Practice Director and employees of this Practice shall not be liable for, nor shall they accept any responsibility for any injury, loss or damage howsoever sustained by any person or persons arising out of any of the treatments or procedures delivered in this Practice or in any way whatsoever which does not arise from any negligent act or omission of the Practice Director and employees.
Website Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au liability. You must immediately notify goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
• the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
• if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
• you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
• the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
• the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
• the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
• your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
• your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
• you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au or otherwise.
By submitting Content to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au for inclusion on your Website, you grant goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au has the right (though not the obligation) to, in goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au reasonable opinion, violates any goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au sole discretion. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Payment and Renewal.
• General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
• Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be cancelled at any time by submitting your request to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au in writing.
• Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be cancelled by you at any time on thirty (30) days written notice to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au.
• Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. “Email support” means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. “Priority” means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au services. All support will be provided in accordance with goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au standard services practices, procedures and policies.
5. Responsibility of Website Visitors. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au has not reviewed, and cannot review, all the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
6. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au links, and that link to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au does not have any control over those non-goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au website or webpage, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au websites and webpages.
7. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au in accordance with goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au or others. In the case of such termination, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au.
8. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au to you any goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, the goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used relating to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au or goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used relating to the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au or third-party trademarks.
9. Advertisements. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog unless you have purchased an ad-free account.
10. Attribution. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Blog at goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog footer or toolbar.
11. Partner Products. By activating a partner product (e.g. theme) from one of our partners, you agree to that partner’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating the partner product.
12. Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”), including their Registration Rights and Responsibilities.
13. Changes. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
14. Termination. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a paid services account, such account can only be terminated by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au notice to you thereof; provided that, goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement. Neither goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
16. Limitation of Liability. In no event will goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
18. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
19. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au, or by the posting by goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Australia, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Australia. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Australia, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; goldcoastsportsphysio.com.au may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns
If you have any queries about these Terms and Conditions, please contact:
Gold Coast Sports Physio National Support Office
Attention: Privacy Officer
Address: PO BOX 448, Miami, 4220
Phone: 07 5660 6423
Fax: 07 5676 5900
Please note that Gold Coast Sports Physio may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Please check this page regularly to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes.
This Policy is effective from March 2016